1. A bonny bride is soon dressed.
2. A boy’s love is water in the sieve.
3. A brilliant daughter makes a brittle wife.
4. A cold lover is a faithless friend.
5. A dark man is a jewel in a fair woman’s eye.
6. A deaf husband and a blind wife are always a happy couple.
7. A fence between makes love more keen.
8. A good Jack makes a good Jill.
9. A good son makes a good husband.
10. A good wife and health are a man’s best wealth.
11. A growing moon and a flowing tide are lucky times to marry in.
12. A kiss of the mouth often touches not the heart.
13. A lover’s soul lives in the soul of his mistress.
14. A maiden with many wooers often chooses the worst.
15. A man has a choice to begin love, but not to end it.
16. A man without wife is man without a care.
17. A man without a wife, a house without a roof.
18. A pretty face is half a dowry.
19. A rich bride goes young to the church.
20. A sweet and innocent compliance is the cement of love.
21. Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
22. Affinity in hearts is the nearest kindred.
23. All are fools or lovers first or last.
24. All mankind loves a lover.
25. When two partners are of one mind, clay is into gold refined.
26. When you go to the dance take heed who you take by the hand.
27. Where there is great love there is great pain.
28. Where there is no love all faults are seen.
29. Where there is not equality there can be no perfect love.
30. Where we do not respect we soon cease to love.
31. The bravest are the tenderest, the loving are the daring.
32. A good wife makes a good husband. A great dowry is a bed full of brambles.